add to wish list | library


32 of 32 recommend this,
would you recommend it?

yes | no

 

Discussion: Blade Runner (soundtrack)

Posts: 25
Page: 1 2 3 next

Post by samboy May 19, 2013 (1 of 25)
This appears to be the real soundtrack as heard in the film by Vangelis, not the generally consider inferior re-recording of the soundtrack by the "New American Orchestra" (to be fair to the "New American Orchestra", real kettledrums sound better than the sampled kettledrums Vangelis used).

Post by rammiepie May 19, 2013 (2 of 25)
samboy said:

This appears to be the real soundtrack as heard in the film by Vangelis, not the generally consider inferior re-recording of the soundtrack by the "New American Orchestra" (to be fair to the "New American Orchestra", real kettledrums sound better than the sampled kettledrums Vangelis used).

The genuine article direct from the master tapes. And here's hoping that the real kettledrums heard in the re~recording on RBCD will be comfortably eclipsed by Vangelis' "sampled" kettledrums on Audio Fidelity's SACD remaster!

And, by the time Kevin Gray (the AF SACD mastering engineer) gets finished with this "puppy" it will have to be retitled: Sharpened Blade Sprinter: A Replicant with Soul and Harrison Ford's stilted voiceover will sound like Shakespeare In The Park!

And samboy.......appreciate the name you chose on SA.CD.net's bibliography info: Yet Another Anonymous Entity.

Post by Epsilon May 20, 2013 (3 of 25)
rammiepie said:

And, by the time Steve Hoffman (the AF SACD mastering engineer) gets finished with this "puppy" it will have to be retitled: Sharpened Blade Sprinter: A Replicant with Soul

This one has been remastered for sacd by Kevin Gray, not Hoffman. Details here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R0DSM1DLks&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Post by rammiepie May 20, 2013 (4 of 25)
Epsilon said:

This one has been remastered for sacd by Kevin Gray, not Hoffman. Details here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R0DSM1DLks&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Noted and corrected. Thanks.

Post by Kveld-Úlfr July 26, 2013 (5 of 25)
[USING THE RIGHT THREAD]

Listened to it four times in a row yesterday evening... and I intend to do the same tonight.

This is a gem !!! I've been expecting this release for so long, and I was not disappointed.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Post by Lute July 26, 2013 (6 of 25)
Kveld-Úlfr said:

[USING THE RIGHT THREAD]

Listened to it four times in a row yesterday evening... and I intend to do the same tonight.

This is a gem !!! I've been expecting this release for so long, and I was not disappointed.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

OK OK... You've convinced me!!! ;-)

I was wondering if I should hold out for a surround version, but I can't hold back any longer.

I GOTTA HEAR THIS!!!

Post by Kveld-Úlfr July 26, 2013 (7 of 25)
Lute said:

OK OK... You've convinced me!!! ;-)

I was wondering if I should hold out for a surround version, but I can't hold back any longer.

I GOTTA HEAR THIS!!!

Yes, you have to ;-)

You can also read the review by Analogue : it is quite faithful to what this release is.

Highlights : the first track (Main Title), and the 11th (End Title), which also are the most famous to say the least. It looks like emphasis was put on these two (louder but not compressed), whereas the softness and "sensuality" of the music was left natural in the rest of the songs.

Excellent sonic quality, excellent ambience, stellar dynamics, plus the superb 1994 version... go ahead with closed eyes !!!

Post by Lute July 26, 2013 (8 of 25)
Kveld-Úlfr said:

Yes, you have to ;-)

You can also read the review by Analogue : it is quite faithful to what this release is.

Highlights : the first track (Main Title), and the 11th (End Title), which also are the most famous to say the least. It looks like emphasis was put on these two (louder but not compressed), whereas the softness and "sensuality" of the music was left natural in the rest of the songs.

Excellent sonic quality, excellent ambience, stellar dynamics, plus the superb 1994 version... go ahead with closed eyes !!!

Thanks!! :)

"Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch!"

Post by Lute July 31, 2013 (9 of 25)
Kveld-Úlfr said:

... whereas the softness and "sensuality" of the music was left natural in the rest of the songs.

I just got it today and... Love it!! :)

Highlights for me are: Love Theme, Blade Runner Blues, and Memories of Green.

As you say the softness & sensuality of the music is natural and has a nice ambiance.

Post by Kveld-Úlfr July 31, 2013 (10 of 25)
Lute said:

I just got it today and... Love it!! :)

Highlights for me are: Love Theme, Blade Runner Blues, and Memories of Green.

As you say the softness & sensuality of the music is natural and has a nice ambiance.

Glad you like... though you couldn't dislike it :-)

I recommend it to anyone. Killer soundtrack.

Page: 1 2 3 next

Closed